Christmas is Coming

  • Pamela Passey
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 19, 2010

      HI everyone,

      I know, it’s early.  But before you start the onslaught of what to buy for whom, please consider not buying “something” at all.  In this world of junk, why buy one more item that will get broken, tossed aside, or regifted?  Instead, please consider perusing the Samaritan’s Purse catalog – especially for the person that has everything anyway.  https://www.samaritanspurse.org/index.php/Giving/gift_catalog/#

      Instead, for $15, you can teach a child to read and write, or

      ·         $10 – buy a mosquito net

      ·         $4 buys milk for a week

      ·         $14 will buy a brood of twelve starter chicks

      ·         $7 buys a week’s worth of hot dinners

      ·         $6 buys a blanket

      And that’s just a sampling.  Imagine what we could do this year if we told our spouses to forgo just stocking stuffers and to invest in God’s provision for His people!

      Just a thought… maybe a challenge…

      Pam