989Hope Cookbook Fundraising Project - "Let's Get Cooking"!

  • Caper Lauver
    Nov 4, 2009

      Hi Ladies,
      I have been noodling about a fundraising idea for the better part of this year...but I hadn't quite gotten brave enough to go "public" with the idea in order to start enlisting help until I learned more about the needs for the hospital in Haiti (I think it was 2 weekends ago when "Global Hope" was the topic).  The idea I've been noodling on is a Hope cookbook.  We are so blessed in the US to have good healthcare and medical services during labor and delivery, I thought it would be a fantastic way to help others in these basic woman/motherly health needs by possibly having the proceeds benefit the hospital in Haiti.
      From the little bit of asking around I've done, I don't think a cookbook has been done at Hope (at least not in recent years).
      Given the nature of this project, the project will likely span across 9 months (don't panic or stop reading yet :-) ...the time required each month will vary). I've got a cookbook that I have been looking at as an idea generator, and I think we probably need a Committee of about 10 people to make this happen.
      What could you do? There is Committee recruitment, recipe gathering, recipe indexing, artwork gathering, data entry, proofreading, printing, publicity, cookbook sales, and community coupon gathering just to start...I know you'd be great with at least one or more of these! :-)
      Would you be willing to serve on the Committe and commit your services to this project?  If so, please let me know!

      Also, if there is somebody that can help me to recruit other Committee members from Women of Hope/Seeds (I'm not sure which is still in existence), I would greatly appreciate it. :-)

      If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to ask. Thanks so much, Caper

      Find the right PC with Windows 7 and Windows Live. Learn more.