322SPCA programs for Preschool and kids

  • Cindilee Thorne
    May 1, 2007
      Hey MOPS moms,  I know we have a bunch of dog loving moms out there ( OK, may be some cat people too :)

      the SPCA has started 2 monthly programs for kids,  check them out below.

      Cindilee

      Preschoolers and Pets: A fun outing for parents and preschoolers

      SPCA Pet Pals Club:
      A kids-only club for youths ages 5-12

      Preschoolers and Pets:
      A fun outing for parents and preschoolers

      Do you have children under age 5? Are you looking for an opportunity to share time with them and expose them to animals? Check out the “Preschoolers and Pets” programs offered at the SPCA Curtis Dail Pet Adoption Center. Programs will take place one Wednesday a month from 12-12:30 p.m. Each program will focus on a different animal-related theme. Programs include songs, movement, stories, and, when possible, a special animal guest.

      Because of space limitations, we request that you sign-up ahead of time. A $1 donation per person is requested to help support the SPCA Humane Education program. Please contact our Humane Educator at 532-2087 or vbudnick@... to sign-up.

      Mark your calendars. The dates for the “Preschoolers and Pets” programs are:

      May 16
      June 20
      July 18
      August 15
      September 19
      October 17
      November 14
      December 12

      SPCA Pet Pals Club:
      A kids-only club for youths ages 5-12

      Hey kids! Do you love animals? Have you ever wondered how to teach a dog to sit or why a cat has whiskers? Then the new SPCA Pet Pals Club is for you. Children ages 5 to 12 are invited to join this new and fun program.

      The SPCA Pet Pals Club gives you the opportunity to learn more about pets, animal shelters, and other pet-related topics. You will have an opportunity to meet SPCA shelter animals and staff. Every SPCA Pet Pals Club meeting will take place at the SPCA Curtis Dail Pet Adoption Center and includes an educational program accompanied by a craft project and, when possible, interaction with a shelter animal.

      How much does it cost to join?
      It costs only $10 per child to join. This membership fee helps support the SPCA Pet Pals Club programs.

      How do I join?
      Fill out the Pet Pals Club form and mail it in, or call our Humane Educator to have a form mailed to you.

      What do SPCA Pet Pals Club members receive when they join?

      • an SPCA Pet Pals Club temporary tattoo
      • an SPCA Pet Pals Club pin to wear and show that you are a proud supporter of the SPCA and a Pet Pals Club member
      • invitations to the members-only SPCA Pet Pals Club monthly meetings (most programs take place on the 4th Thursday of the month from 4:30 to 6 p.m.)

      An SPCA Pet Pals Club membership also makes a great gift!
      So why are you waiting… join the SPCA Pet Pals Club today!

      Please contact our Humane Educator at 532-2087 or email at vbudnick@... with any questions.