1044Eat ice cream for a good cause

  • Pam Passey
    Apr 11, 2010

      Below is an e-mail from the Asst. Dir. At Kate’s preschool…

      From: Tammy Pressley [mailto:tammypressley@...]
      Sent: Sunday, April 11, 2010 9:36 PM
      To: Tammy Pressley
      Subject: Preschool News--Fundraiser for Cameron Jackson

      Good Evening Everyone!

      I hope you had a nice weekend!  I sure did, but I find that they are always way too short!!

      I just wanted to let you know about a fundraiser that is being held this Tuesday evening, April 13th, for one of our former preschool students and his family.  The fundraiser is for Cameron Jackson, age 8, and will be held at Cold Stone Creamery at the Apex Beaver Creek location.  This night of ice cream treats will benefit Cameron's team for the 2010 Angels Among Us Walk to raise money for brain tumor research at Duke University Medical Center.  The preschool has several teachers and staff participating in the Angels Among Us Walk.  Cameron fought his first battle with brain cancer in 2008.  He received clear test results until very sadly, a routine MRI last month revealed that the cancer has returned, and prognosis is not good.

      Please consider coming out and enjoying some ice cream and supporting this worthy cause.  You can even bring a friend (or two, or three...).  To learn more or to join Cameron's team, visit www.angelsamoungus.org

      Thanks guys and have a good week!  Hug your children and thank God that they are healthy!  Please also keep the Jacksons in your prayers!

      Tammy Pressley

      Assistant Director

      Salem Baptist Preschool