1615Fw: Region 6 Meeting Info

  • Jim Pendleton
    Mar 13, 2014
    This is an update on registration and hotel info for the Region 6 Meeting in Kansas City, at the Holiday Inn Stadium, April 10-13.

    For those of you who have sent in your registrations and made hotel reservations, thank you.  We are looking forward to hosting a great event.  Technically the early registration deadline was this past Monday.  If you are still considering attending, please use the attached registration form, and send off your registration and payment today.  We might just look the other way on the price, if you hurry up and get it in!

    Also on the registration form is the hotel reservation info.  As of Monday afternoon, we had the following number of room nights booked - Thurs 24, Fri 50, Sat 50.  Tells me have a good number coming in early, and decent number for main part of weekend.  Just a reminder, the hotel cut off date is this Friday the 14th.  We have tried to make this info known throughout this process, that this is a hard deadline.  There are other events going on in town that weekend, and if there are rooms in our group available after the 14th, they will likely be snapped up, and as a result we cannot guarantee availability after Friday.  In addition, with the room count above, there are 18 rooms left in the block for both Fri & Sat nites, a few more for Thurs nite.  So if you haven't made your room reservation yet, get it done this week, or you may not get one!  FYI, your registration and hotel reservation includes breakfast at the hotel.

    Also attached here are drafts of the weekend's agenda (still being finalized) and a copy of potential sightseeing opportunities (thanks to Karen Gridley for her help on this).  If you have any questions on this info, please let me know.

    Michelle Cartee and her team will be assembling goody bags for the registrants.  If you have anything you can add for this, please let Michelle know.

    Donna DeLaney is leading the registration team, and I know she would love some help at the meeting, particularly Friday.

    Finally, Kristie & Ernie Lea are running their outstanding hospitality.  They are coming to KC this Saturday morning, and we are going to take a quick tour of the areas of the hotel we are using for the meeting for their benefit.  If by chance anyone is in the area Sat AM around 11:30, feel free to join us at the hotel!  Kristie & Ernie would love your assistance as well at the meeting.  They will be running that part of the show no doubt, but I hope we can all pitch in to help them so they can have a good time as well!  Another note in this area, Earl Sawyer & Bernard Thompson are coordinating the bar.  I know they would like assistance if you can help in this regard!

    We are looking forward to seeing everyone in KC.  It isn't too late for you to be involved and join us for a fun weekend.  If you have questions, feel free to contact me or one of the many others helping out.

    Thanks - Jim