1597Missouri JCI Senate - INDEPENDENCE DAY MESSAGE from President Susan Hatcher #58143

  • Ken Risley
    Jul 1, 2013

      MOCJIS Logo 2013-14.jpg

      Happy New Year!!!  Yes, the JCI Senate year starts July 1 and I feel very humbled and proud to lead you this upcoming year as your Missouri State President!!!

      The theme for the year is “Continue Traditions of Excellence!”  This week we celebrate the most important traditions of our country –Independence and Freedom - Happy Birthday to our country!!!  No matter what you have planned this Fourth of July, tradition is likely a big part of it.

      From the internet, I found “10 Awesome 4th of July Traditions” (Traditions)

      to celebrate Independence Day, July 4, with your family and friends:

      Hang the flag

      Go to a Parade

      Make some Ice Cream

      Hit the Fireworks Stand

      Go see a Movie

      Make some Root Beer (I have never done this)

      Have a Block Party

      Light up the Grill

      Blow stuff up

      Watch some fireworks.

      I would like to add another tradition, “help your community”…many of our state’s Jaycee chapters will be out working or hosting festivals to celebrate our nations’ birthday!  Think about taking time to visit the celebrations (your family will have fun!) and help work with the Jaycees or help the chapter recruit new members for an hour or two.

      Here are a couple of my favorite traditional quotes for thought during the Birthday week -

      “We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness.”   Thomas Jefferson (1743–1826)

      “I am well aware of the toil and blood and treasure it will cost us to maintain this declaration, and support and defend these states. Yet through all the gloom I see the rays of ravishing light and glory. I can see that the end is worth all the means. This is our day of deliverance.” John Adams (1735–1826)

      As we celebrate, “our day of deliverance” this week, please give a special thought and prayer for those that continue to fight for our freedoms especially the military forces and those who protect us, the firemen and police.

      Thank you for all you do as we “Continue our Traditions in Excellence” of the Missouri JCI Senate.

      All the Best,

      Susan

      Susan Hatcher #58143

      President 2013-2014