1596Missouri JCI Senate - Loss of IONE AUDREY SOSTAK of Missouri, Mother of 2013-14 US JCI SENATE VICE PRESIDENT BRUCE SOSTAK

  • Ken Risley
    Jun 26, 2013

      cid:image001.png@01CB93C7.1CD30EC0We are saddened to learn of the passing of Ione Audrey Sostak of Laurie, Missouri, the Mother of Senator Bruce Sostak the new 2013-14 US JCI Senate National Vice President of Plano Texas.  She passed away on Friday evening, June 21, 2013, at the Laurie Care Center in Laurie, Missouri at the age of 76.

      We received this information from the new US JCI Senate Chaplain.  Since Bruce's family is from Missouri, we thought it should be shared with the Missouri JCI Senators in the event that some of you who may know Ione, Bruce or their family.

      As his mother becoming very critical last Friday, Bruce was on his way home from the National Convention.  Fortunately he was notified of her condition and was able to talk with her before she passed.

      On behalf of the Missouri JCI Senate, and all of our member Senators and their families, we express our deepest sympathy to Bruce Sostak  and his family.  We ask you to please remember Bruce Sostak, his mother, Ione Audrey Sostak, and their family in your thoughts and prayers.

      The funeral arrangements are being handled by:

      Kidwell-Garber Funeral Home – Laurie / Sunrise Beach Chapel

      417 Silvey Road

      Laurie, Missouri  65038

      (573) 374-7688

      Memorial Service

      Saturday, June 29

      11:00 AM

      Osage Community Elks Lodge #2705

      174 Elks Road

      Laurie, Missouri

      The Memorial Biography as presented on “LakeExpo.com” of The Lake of The Ozarks Area website at:

      “Ione Audrey Sostak (March 2, 1937 – June 21, 2013)

      Ione Audrey Sostak, age 76, of Laurie, passed away Friday, June 21, 2013, at the Laurie Care Center. She was born March 2, 1937, in Sandstone, Minnesota, a daughter of the late Hubert and Florence Anderson Christopherson.

      On June 2, 1956, Askov, Minnesota, she was united in marriage to Gerald R. “Jerry” Sostak, who preceded her in death on June 5, 2013.

      Ione retired from Kmart as an office manager and bookkeeper after many years of employment.

      She was a member of the Osage Community Elks Lodge #2705 in Laurie where she served as past president of the Lady Elks.

      Ione enjoyed spending time with her friends. Her hobbies included quilting and cookie and cake decorating all of which she was able to enjoy for many years until her eyesight began to fail.

      She is survived by her sons, Bruce Sostak of Plano, Texas, Dennis Sostak and wife Tami of Askov, Minnesota and Tim Sostak and wife Julie of St. Charles, Missouri; daughters, Emmy Hopkins and husband Barry of Solon, Iowa and Mary Jones of Harriman, Tennessee; eleven grandchildren and five great-grandchildren; brothers, Arnold Christopherson and wife Carol of Cambridge, Minnesota and Floyd Christopherson and wife Naomi of Pine City, Minnesota; sister-in-law, Rosemary Christopherson of Minneapolis, Minnesota; and many other relatives and friends. In addition to her parents and husband, she was preceded in death by her brothers, Fred Christopherson and Hubert “Pee Wee” Christopherson.

      A celebration of Ione’s life will be held at 11:00 a.m., Saturday, June 29th, at the Osage Community Elks Lodge #2705 in Laurie. Inurnment will be held at a later date. Memorial contributions are suggested to the Osage Community Elks Lodge #2705.

      Cremation arrangements are under the direction and care of the Kidwell-Garber Laurie/Sunrise Beach Chapel.”

      You may also view the obituary on the Kidwell-Garber Funeral Home – Laurie / Sunrise Beach Chapel website at http://www.kidwellgarber.com/obituaries/Ione-Sostak/#!/Obituary.  You may also visit that page to view photos, leave messages and view the Family Tree.

      Condolences may be sent to Bruce Sostak and his family at 6524 Chinaberry Trail,  Plano, TX 75023.

      Thanks to the reporters:  Michele Burnett Emmerich #60635 and Susan Hatcher #58143.

      Sent By:

      Ken Risley  #32905

      Missouri JCI Senate