Help with bird identification - Freezeout Lake

  • Shawneen Gonzalez
    Message 1 of 2 , Aug 5, 2010
    I was on my way to Choteau last weekend and came across Freezeout Lake, which
    caused us to slam our brakes in the middle of the highway and turnaround to
    check it out. I was amazed at how many birds there were. I am new to birding and
    rely heavily on photographs I get of birds. Here are two birds that I'm
    struggling to figure out what they are. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
    This is just from my first day there. I went the next two days as well while my
    boyfriend was running the Grizzly marathon, so there will be more photos to
    come. Thanks in advance for the help.

    Shawneen

    I'm thinking possibly yellowlegs for the first one and absolutely no clue on the
    second. Thanks.
  • Nate Kohler
    Message 2 of 2 , Aug 5, 2010
      Shawneen,

      The shorebirds are Greater Yellowlegs and the bird on the post is a female Red-winged Blackbird.

      Nate Kohler
      Deer Lodge