California Quail in Deer Lodge

  • Gary Swant
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 30, 2010
      We have been hearing the "Chicago" call for a few days now and was sure that it couldn't be a California Quail in our back field.

      Last night while walking the loop around our property I saw a single California Quail. It lifted off a little too soon for me to determine the sex, but definitely a California.

      I wonder where that one came from?

      Gary Swant
      Deer Lodge