Westby

  • Ted Nordhagen
    Message 1 of 3 , Oct 6, 2006
      MOB,

      Over the past week, things have been slowing down with fewer Yellow-
      rumps & the occasional Orange-crowned. Regretfully, most of the
      crowd of Juncos, White-crowned, White-throated & Harris' Sparrows
      moved out over night and I was unable to find either of the Fox
      Sparrows that had been hanging around with them. Yesterday, I did
      have a Cassin's Finch visit the bird bath at the park, one of just a
      handful I've had over the years.

      While at the park this morning, I came across a Nashville Warbler in
      amongst a small group of Yellow-rump's. I was struck by the beauty
      of this particular bird, the brilliance of it's plumage complimented
      by the gray, leafless branches it was foraging in. I continued to
      watch as it moved about and I couldn't help feeling privileged by
      the opportunity. It's memorable moments like this that keep birding
      fresh for me.

      Ted Nordhagen
      Westby MT
    • RICHARD MOUSEL
      Message 2 of 3 , Oct 6, 2006
        Hi Ted: It's no fair working on tomorrow already, my e-mail says you sent an
        e-mail on Saturday the 7th, must have something to do with the Full Moon! ;)

        On Fri, 06 Oct 2006 15:25:47 -0000
        "Ted Nordhagen" <soraart@...> wrote:
        > MOB,
        >
        > Over the past week, things have been slowing down with fewer Yellow-
        > rumps & the occasional Orange-crowned. Regretfully, most of the
        > crowd of Juncos, White-crowned, White-throated & Harris' Sparrows
        > moved out over night and I was unable to find either of the Fox
        > Sparrows that had been hanging around with them. Yesterday, I did
        > have a Cassin's Finch visit the bird bath at the park, one of just a
        > handful I've had over the years.
        >
        > While at the park this morning, I came across a Nashville Warbler in
        > amongst a small group of Yellow-rump's. I was struck by the beauty
        > of this particular bird, the brilliance of it's plumage complimented
        > by the gray, leafless branches it was foraging in. I continued to
        > watch as it moved about and I couldn't help feeling privileged by
        > the opportunity. It's memorable moments like this that keep birding
        > fresh for me.
        >
        > Ted Nordhagen
        > Westby MT

        Sincerely;
        Richard Mousel - rmousel@...
        Wild Bird Mercantile - Recommended by Birds Everywhere!
        1807 3rd St N.W. Great Falls, MT 59404 ph. 406-452-9377
        www.4co.us - Wildlife, Nature, Scenic Photography.