Today in Bozeman

  • Lou Ann Harris
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 12, 2010
      Mobsters,

      I took a walk with my husband around the East Gallatin Rec. Area this
      morning. Things started out fairly slow, mostly just chickadees and
      magpies. But as we walked into the aspen grove, we heard a mobbing
      of magpies, and after a bit of searching found a juvenile Northern
      Goshawk up in a cottonwood. It's crop looked quite full, so it was
      probably digesting a morning meal. I also saw some feathers sticking
      out around it's talons. As we walked a bit further down the trail,
      20 feet or so, I spotted a Great Horned Owl not 15 feet away, almost
      at eye level. Quite a sight! As my husband was looking at the owl,
      I spotted another GHOW on the other side of the trail. A great look
      from the front. Two owls and a goshawk all within viewing distance.
      That's big medicine in my book.

      Lou Ann Harris
      Bozeman