Flathead Valley today

  • JoshuaC
    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 29, 2009
      Today, I birded most of the Flathead valley from Columbia Falls to Flathead Lake.

      I got 5 Harlan's hawks and just 3 "normal" Red-tailed Hawks, many Rough-legged Hawks and even a Merlin!!

      I took a hike into the Owen Sowerwine Natural Area in Kalispell and got Pileated Woodpecker, LOTS of Bohemain Waxwings and 3 American Robins!! Not to bad.

      Northern Shrike on Riverside Road off on Hwy 35 inbetween Creston and Bigfork. Also about 7 Eurasian Collared Doves about 1/2 mile east of Fair-Mont-Egan School. First time I have seen them there.

      Please check out my blog for photos and more of a story!

      http://www.covillbirder.blogspot.com/

      Good Luck Birding
      Josh