Ninepipe NWR Christmas Count

  • rogersjim2007
    Message 1 of 6 , Dec 11, 2009
      Mobsters,

      The Ninepipe National Wildlife Refuge Christmas Count will be conducted on Sunday, 20 December.

      If you are interested in participating, please contact me at: 406.883.3611 or jimrogers2007@...

      Cheers,

      Jim Rogers

      Ninepipe NWR count compiler
      Polson
    • Bob & Mo Rost
      Message 2 of 6 , Dec 12, 2009
        Hi Jim:

        I would like to take part in the Ninepipe NWR Christmas Count.  Let me know where to show up and when.  Thanks.

        Bob Rost - Ronan MT
        (406) 676-4545

        The Ninepipe National Wildlife Refuge Christmas Count will be conducted on Sunday, 20 December.

        If you are interested in participating, please contact me at: 406.883.3611 or jimrogers2007@ gmail.com

        Cheers,

        Jim Rogers

        Ninepipe NWR count compiler
        Polson

      • Jim Rogers

          Message 4 of 6 , Dec 21, 2009
            Mobsters,

            Twenty-two participants observed 63 species and counted 20,317 total birds during the Ninepipe National Wildlife Refuge Christmas Count on Sunday, 20 December.

            High counts were established for the following 6 species: Bald eagle (50); Blue grouse (2); Turkey (103); Mourning dove (154); Eurasian-collared dove (38); and Blue jay (2).

            A count highlight was a Bewick's wren at the intersection of Post Creek with the McDonald Lake Road (about 1 mile east from HW 93).

            Interestingly, a Bewick's wren was found at the same location on the 2003 count and then another a few miles away along the same creek during the 2006 count.

            Thanks to everyone for a great effort in less than ideal birding conditions- foggy and rainy all day.

            Jim Rogers

            Ninepipe count compiler
            Polson