Re: Female Barred Owl

  • Judy Hoy
    Message 1 of 85 , Oct 5, 2009
      Hi All,

      On Saturday evening, October 3, just before dark, my husband, Bob, and
      I saw the first Barred Owl for our land in a pine tree near our yard.
      It was a beautiful big female. I looked for it yesterday, with no luck,
      so I am posting this as it may be of interest, not so people can come
      and see it. I have no idea where the owl is now. I looked again this
      morning and couldn't find her anywhere. Until I get my new computer, I
      can not post sightings on the data base. I don't know if other Barred
      Owls have been seen this year or not. If not, feel free to put it on
      the list - I can't.

      Thanks,
      Judy Hoy
      Stevensville Area, MT
    • Sneed Collard
      Message 85 of 85 , May 10, 2016

        Awesome!

        We saw one on the coast of Texas about three weeks ago. I think he was resting up to fly to Fort Peck!

        Sneed Collard
        Missoula

        On May 10, 2016, at 9:18 AM, "Charles Carlson chuckcmt@... [MOB-Montana]" <MOB-Montana@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

        Mobsters
        Two male Rose-breasted Grosbeaks arrived in the yard this morning.
        Chuck Carlson
        Ft.Peck