Freezout Lake Wed AM

  • Michael Schwitters
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 1, 2009
      All,
      I visited Freezout Lake this morning to see what changes might have been
      brought by yesterday's cool down and rain/snow.
      There seemed to be fewer waterfowl present compared to an earlier visit
      this week (not good news for the duck hunters--season opens this weekend)
      Some shorebird habitat on the west side of pond 4 had many fewer
      shorebirds than earlier in the week (and even fewer when I checked
      enroute back home a couple hours later). The exception was American
      Avocet whose numbers went from three early to nearly 50 in the return
      visit. A couple of Boneparte Gulls were noted and there were four
      Marbled Godwits at Priest Butte Lake. Also the Snow Goose component of
      Larry's early white goose flock was seen.
      The Rocky Mountain Front is showing a light layer of snow.
      Good birding,
      Mike Schwitters
      Choteau MT