Freezout Shorebirds

  • Michael Schwitters
    Message 1 of 2 , Sep 1, 2009
      Montana Birders,
      The "Neck" (point P) is about the only productive shorebird spot at
      Freezout Lake. A look this morning found eleven Semipalmated Plovers,
      five Baird's Sandpipers and 57 Semipalmated Sandpipers.
      Large numbers of ducks continue along with grebes, terns, gulls and
      white-faced Ibis.
      Good birding,
      Mike Schwitters
      Choteau MT
    • Michael Schwitters
      Message 2 of 2 , Jul 16, 2010
        MOBsters,
        Calm sunny morning, so back to the Lake.
        Five Great Egrets, an alternate plumage Sanderling (not something more
        rare or exciting--I think) at Point N, a flock of 35 peeps
        (Semipalmated, a couple Leasts and one Western for sure).
        Also, quite a few yellowlegs and about 30 Long-billed Dowitchers. I did
        not check the far side of the lake. I will post a couple photos of the
        red-headed shorebird in the "Mike Schwitters" album.
        Mike Schwitters
        Choteau MT