Helena Hummers and others

  • Chad Adams
    Message 1 of 2 , Aug 4, 2009
      This past Saturday we took the forest road from Rimini Rd. to Elliston (Minnehaha to Telegraph Creek) fishing and generally playing around. Near Bullion Parks saw approx. 20 rufous hummers in fields feasting on prairie clover. Also on same date finally getting hummers, some calliope but mainly rufous, in backyard in Helena fighting over bee balm.
      On 8/3, at Bear Gulch (b/w Butte and Helena off I-15) saw A. Dipper, Townsend's Solitaires, Pine Siskins eating thistle seeds, and Belted Kingfisher. At Elk Park, Prairie Falcon flying over interstate.
    • jswilsonmd
      Message 2 of 2 , Aug 4, 2009
        How fabulous to see so many hummers!