Westby birds

  • Ted Nordhagen
    Message 1 of 238 , May 31, 2009
      Mob,

      Pretty quiet here today, but a couple birds of note. A Townsend's Solitaire showed up here this morning and has been hanging around all day. We rarely see these birds in spring, and are typically seen here in late fall.

      This evening I had a Purple Martin flycatching over the ballpark. Additionally, the martins that have been nesting in Plentywood have returned for another summer.

      Ted Nordhagen
      Westby MT
    • danbcr10
      Message 238 of 238 , Sep 1 6:54 PM

        MOB-sters:

        Craig Hohenberger and I are in Wesyby for a few days, and awaiting a cold front. But in spite of hot and windy conditions, we have found a few good birds, including 2 Chestnut-sided and one Cape May Warbler, Philadelphia Vireo, Ovenbird, Alder Flycatcher, Baltimore Orioles, Ruby-throated Hummingbird, Purple Finch.

        Dan Casey

        Billings