Freezout Notes

  • Radd Icenoggle
    Message 1 of 2 , Mar 31, 2009

      After having made a shorebird faux pas with the Baird’s Sandpiper, I had completely forgotten to mention some of the other birds seen at Freezout over the weekend. At Pond 1, a Whooper Swan was swimming no more than 15 feet from the parking area. We proceeded to the backside of Pond 5 where a trio of waterfowl rarities lingered; Baikal Teal, Tufted Duck and far ranging Upland Goose. In the grassy areas, there was an abundance of Red-throated Pipits and Citrine Wagtails. At the headquarters, a Ferruginous Pygmy-owl was calling and provided great views. Unfortunately, my camera was malfunctioning at the time of each of these spectacular sightings.

      Happy April Fool’s Day…hope everyone has a great spring of birding!!!

      Radd Icenoggle

      radd@...

      http://www.raddphotography.com