Swans

  • Mike Lesnik
    Message 1 of 5 , Mar 7, 2009
      MOB,

      About 40 swans - all Trumpeter I think, but the wind was blowing too hard to stand up - were observed at the K-G Ranch pond on the Williams Bridge Road in south eastern Jefferson County at 1745 to day. One was packing a yellow neck collar with O 2 on it.

      Mike
    • Steven Hughes
      Message 2 of 5 , Oct 19, 2009
        About 125-150 swans were seen on Cottonwood Res. north of Wilsall on Sunday 10/18, the close ones proved to be Tundra swans. Not much else of interest except a solitary killdeer and a few long range redheads.
        Thought I saw a light phase imm. Swainson's hawk south of Clyde Park, but it seems too late in the season???
        Also Rough-legged hawk soaring high over Livingstons' Sacagawea Park.
        Best,
        Steve
      • Janice Miller
        Message 3 of 5 , Oct 22, 2012
          A friend and I were delighted to hear and then see Swans flying overhead this morning over the Helena Valley while we were at the Regulating Reservoir. A couple of hundred of them were right ahead of this storm! I've posted a photo in my file.
          Janice Miller
          Helena
        • paul rossi
          Message 4 of 5 , Oct 25, 2012
            Today at about 1 PM, I heard and saw a flock of about 100 Tundra Swans fly right over the U of M campus.

            Paul Rossi
            Columbia Falls/Missoula
          • Sid Frissell
            Message 5 of 5 , Feb 24, 2013
              This morning at Lee Metcalf NWR there were eight swans in the ponds along the dike. By bill shape and call, all were identified as Trumpeters. Also, the male Hooded Mergansers were displaying with great enthusiasm. Can Spring nearly here? (Probably not!)

              Sid Frissell
              Stevensville