Western Bluebirds

  • Roger Hogen
    Message 1 of 8 , Mar 5, 2009
      Hello, MOBsters,
      We saw three male Western Bluebirds near the Blue Mountain trail head this morning.
      Roger and Kathy Hogen
      Missoula, MT

    • Hendricks, Paul
      Message 2 of 8 , Mar 10, 2012
        Watched a pair (male + female) of Western Bluebirds explore a nest box this morning at Blue Mtn Recreation Area on the west side of Missoula.  Also Mountain Bluebirds present and singing Western Meadowlarks.  I found no buttercups in flower yet, which I had hoped for.

        Paul Hendricks

        Missoula, MT

      • paul rossi
        Message 3 of 8 , Sep 8, 2012
          I'm living on the hill in the south part of Missoula, and I continue to see several Western Bluebirds around.  They were on the roof calling last night.

          Paul Rossi
          Columbia Falls/Missoula
        • pegkenjoki
          Message 4 of 8 , Apr 21, 2014
            Seen yesterday 4-20-14 by Frank Willet and today 4-21 by Peggy Joki a pair of Western Bluebirds southwest of Fishtail.  The male is in beautiful plumage -- bright blue with orange breast.  Frank did get a photo yesterday.
            Peggy Joki
            3 mi SW Fishtail

          • thomaskallmeyer
            Message 5 of 8 , Nov 20, 2014

              Greetings MOBsters,

              I observed 5 Western Bluebirds in the upper Butler Creek drainage today in the sagebrush area to the West of Butler Creek Road about 3.7 miles North of the intersection with Airway Blvd. Images posted to album T. Kallmeyer.

              Good Birding,

              Thomas Kallmeyer, Missoula

            • thomaskallmeyer
              Message 6 of 8 , Nov 21, 2014

                MOBsters,

                I had 9 Western Bluebirds this morning on the old Dodd Ranch at the top of Butler Creek. Image posted to album T. Kallmeyer.

                Good Birding,

                Thomas Kallmeyer, Missoula

              • oatescpa
                Message 7 of 8 , Nov 26, 2014
                  There were 6 western bluebirds seen north of Polson on Monday.   If these are the same ones as Thomas's,  they are going the wrong way!

                  Also saw the Anna's near Dayton. The property owner is keeping his feeder from freezing.  I guess that is for the best now as it seem unlikely that bird will be able to make it anyway.

                  Jim
                • thomaskallmeyer
                  Message 8 of 8 , Jan 11

                    Greetings MOBsters,

                    Today while leaving Dodd Ranch at the top of Butler Creek Road in Missoula I observed a flock of 10 Western Bluebirds. Images posted to album T. Kallmeyer.

                    Good Birding,

                    Thomas Kallmeyer, Missoula