New list-White-winged Dove

  • John Carlson
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 30, 2006
      Hello all,
      As most of you are well aware, most birders like to keep lists. We have the obvious life list, but others have branched out to state lists, county lists, latilong lists and yard lists. One friend even has a very impressive list of birds he has observed while on his bicycle. Often the genesis for keeping lists like these is a particular bird that strikes the listers need to keep track of those birds that fit the criteria. This morning I thought of a new list I may try to keep brought on my today's observation of the White-winged Dove from my bedroom - while lying in bed. This observation led me to the idea of a bed list - birds that I have heard or observed from my bed. I haven't quite decided if camping counts although it would surely help the list but even so I could come up with some good birds such as Adelie Penguin and Gentoo Penguin from my time in Antarctica and maybe even an albatross or two from the porthole in my room while I am on the ship.
      Anyway, the White-winged Dove is still around.
      John

      John Carlson
      Fort Peck, MT
      jccarlson@...

      Join the American Bird Conservancy today at http://www.abcbirds.org
      Surfbirds.com - The World Birding Website