RFI: birding Glacier National Park & vinicity

  • Ann Oliver
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 8, 2008
      Dear Montana Birders,
      We're planning a trip to Glacier for late June to early July. We're
      spending one night apiece at Lake McDonald, East Glacier, and Many
      Glacier. We'll also be in Whitefish for several days at a conference.
      It's possible we might swing through the Blackfeet Indian Reservation
      (Mission Lake) and the Kalispell/Bigfork vicinity.
      I have Terry McEneaney's book Birding Montana as our primary guide.
      I've also been lurking on the MOB website and searching the archives
      for sightings.
      We'd welcome any additional information you might share with us
      including your favorite trails, reliable places for target birds,
      hints for finding target birds, etc (or even your favorite dining
      spot!). Thanks in advance... and we might see you in the field!
      Here's a list (we'd be delighted just getting 1/2) of our target
      species:
      Red-necked Grebe
      Northern Goshawk
      Gray Partridge