Lincoln's Sparrow, Sanders Co

  • Jim Greaves
    Message 1 of 1 , May 1 8:58 AM
      A LINCOLN'S SPARROW, our first MT [#161; and county #098 for 2008] 30
      April & 01 May, at our feeder. 5 swans on the lake yesterday and I
      heard a Common loon calling from somewhere on Thompson Reservoir; usual
      and few late ducks still around; an Eared grebe was with 4 Bufflehead
      yesterday where day(s) before were 4 Horned grebes. Sharp-shinned hawk
      (or 2) hitting feeding areas a few blocks apart this week (ours and
      Lark's mom's); a Merlin hit hers last week. White-crowned sparrow and
      Cassin's finch numbers increasing, with over 20 and 30 respectively at
      our feeder yesterday (Pine siskin, Evening grosbeak, Song sparrow, Ore
      junco, House finch, B-c chick, Pygmy nut, Downy, Flicker, Robin, a male
      House sparrow, Red-winged blackbird, rounding out birds). A BROWN-
      HEADED COWBIRD male has been calling the past few days, in a large
      flock of Brewer's blackbirds that forages along the tracks near Goose
      Park. Saw what we presume is the Mother's Day Train pass through TFalls
      yesterday, gave chase while the gropple storm passed, and got photos of
      the cars while they were stopped on Eddy Flat - our 1st "train chase"!
      Happy traillii -- Jim and Lark, Thompson Falls