Yellow-rumped warbler and Cassin's finch

  • Jim Rogers
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 30, 2008
      Hi folks,

      A Yellow-rumped warbler and a pair of Cassin's finches appeared today
      at our house for the first time this year.

      We were especially excited to see the Cassin's finches as their numbers
      have steadily declined over 20 years. Once an abundant resident in the
      1980s that usually appeared in mid-March at our house, they have all
      but disappeared from this neck of the woods.

      We made a single sighting last year, for example, and today's
      observation has been the only one to date this year. Hopefully it
      won't be the last.

      Jim Rogers
      Jette Lake (Polson)