Duck photo

  • Ted Nordhagen
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 6, 2008
      Jim,

      Boy, I think there can be little doubt this is a Tufted Duck.
      Besides your one photo indicating the tuft, Tufted Duck have a
      rather distinctive jizz; smallish body, large head with short neck,
      bluish bill with very black nail, black back set off by clean, white,
      rectangular shaped flank patches. Did I miss anything? Nice find!

      Ted Nordhagen
      Westby MT