Sanders Co 2008 Jan through Feb: 65 species

  • Jim Greaves
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 4, 2008
      Lark and I have seen a combined 65 bird species in Sanders Co this
      year (since mid Jan) through Feb 29 2008 (64 each); plus a "possible"
      list of 10 species [either unconfirmed, unconfirmable, or uncertain if
      we saw in this county or "across" a line], including Lapland longspur
      we missed in Camas Prairie. Best bird: Gray-crowned rosy-finch [23
      Jan]. Abundance (aside from Starlings): Snow bunting [1200 or so,
      Camas Prairie]. Most recent: Evening grosbeak [29 Feb]. Most
      consistent "fun" bird(s): the Dippers along Thompson River (up to 6
      known sites, and likely that many pairs) between MT 200 and Copper
      King Campground (end of paved segment). Anyone else keeping track of
      Sanders Co, we'd be glad to coordinate #'s, species, locations, and
      maybe start some monthly or bi-weekly trips. Thanks -- Jim and Lark