Spring arrivals - Ft. Peck

  • Chuck Carlson
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 29, 2008
      Mobsters

      Dan's post reminded me,  I found 11 Northern Pintails on the river in Warehouse Bay today. These are the first birds of any species that I know are spring migrants here. They may have only come from the Bighorn River and Yellowtail Reservoir, but they are here.

      Most of the Bald Eagles have left the area. We may have a nesting pair. Some of the locally nesting geese are pairing and claiming territory, but there are still many thousands here that will be leaving for the north country soon.

      Chuck Carlson
      Ft. Peck  MT