Short List

  • Mike Lesnik
    Message 1 of 2 , Dec 8, 2007
      Hi MOB,

      Checking the database, I see that we are a few birds behind 2006.
      Some "common" ones have not been entered. Somebody must have
      observed a Chipping Sparrow way back when, and how about the Pacific
      Loon?

      The below birds were recorded in prior years.
      American Woodcock, Arctic Tern, Black-throated Gray Warbler, Black-
      throated Sparrow, Blue-winged Warbler, Buff-breasted Sandpiper,
      Cattle Egret, Chipping Sparrow, Curlew Sandpiper, Dickcissel, Eastern
      Towhee, Glaucous-winged Gull, Glossy Ibis, Golden-crowned Sparrow,
      Great Crested Flycatcher, Green Heron, Iceland Gull, Inca Dove,
      Indigo Bunting, Kentucky Warbler, Little Blue Heron, Long-tailed
      Jaeger, Manx Shearwater, Northern Cardinal, Northern Parula, Pacific
      Loon, Painted Bunting, Palm Warbler, Parasitic Jaeger, Pine Warbler,
      Red-shouldered Hawk, Red-throated loon, Ross's Gull, Rusty Blackbird,
      Scarlet Tanager, Scissor-tailed Flycatcher, Siberian Accentor,
      Virginia's Warbler, Whimbrel, White-tailed Kite, Whooping Crane, Wood
      Thrush, Yellow Rail, Yellow-bellied Sapsucker, Yellow-throated Vireo,

      In preparing the list I did notice and edit several AOU# typo's.

      One W Snipe and several nice coveys of G Partridge were seen
      yesterday on the cold, blustery west side of Bozeman.

      Mike
    • Katie LaSalle-Lowery
      Message 2 of 2 , Dec 8, 2007
        Mike,

        I often saw a chipping sparrow from my back deck during the summer, in the Ponderosa pines on my neighbor's side of the fence.

        Katie LaSalle-Lowery
        http://www.bigskycountry.net (updated Oct 23, 2007)