More on Thayer's

    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 1, 2007
      Mob-sters:

      I have posted two of my best (still not great) shots of the adult
      Thayer's Gull I found today. In the full body shot, note that the
      mantle is just a shade darker than the Herring at upper right, that
      the smallish head is more heavily blotched than Herring, and that the
      legs are a darker pink (not easy to see here, but clearly not Yellow-
      green like California). In the roosting shot between two Herrings,
      note the dark eye and slighter bill, and again the blotchier streaking
      on the head and neck. Similar to California, but without the distinct
      black on the bill in addition to the red.

      Cheers,