Blue Jay - Helena

  • Chad Adams
    Message 1 of 3 , Oct 12, 2007
      I heard, then saw a blue jay in at 6th and Raleigh in Helena today.
      I've seen a few the past couple of years, but this is the first one
      I've seen this year in Helena.
    • clcurrieriii
      Message 2 of 3 , Oct 12, 2007
        Chad,

        I live on 6th Ave in Helena and have had Blue Jays most of the summer.
        I first heard a pair on 19-May calling around 5th and Beattie and then
        on 20-May they were at the bird bath in the backyard. This pair were
        seen a couple more times in late May. Then in July, a single adult
        started coming to the bird bath. I don't know if this was one of the
        pair or another bird. However, this individual was either heard in the
        neighborhodd or seen almost daily throghout July and August and even
        into September. The last day I observed it was on 10-Sept.

        For the past several falls Blue Jays have been seen in Helena usually
        beginning in mid to late October. In fact, as I walked my daughter to
        school this morning, I was wondering when I would hear their call
        again. I'm glad you "found" them!

        Coburn Currier
        Helena

        --- In MOB-Montana@yahoogroups.com, "Chad Adams" <candjbirds@...> wrote:

        > I heard, then saw a blue jay in at 6th and Raleigh in Helena today.
        > I've seen a few the past couple of years, but this is the first one
        > I've seen this year in Helena.

      • Chad Adams
        Message 3 of 3 , Oct 12, 2007
          Coburn -- thanks for the update on the Helena blue jays. I'll have
          to keep my eyes and ears open for them. I live near the hospital,
          and haven't seen blue jays at the house this year at all, though we
          have in past years.

          --- In MOB-Montana@yahoogroups.com, "clcurrieriii" <ccurrier@...>