Ibis and Thayer's Gull

  • Bob & Mo Rost
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 8, 2007
      Hi MOB:

      As shoreline habitat slowly bevcomes available on Ninepipe and Pablo Reservoirs, a few shorebirds and waders are beginning to show up.

      On Aug. 7th evening there were two Ibises at Ninepipe, almost surely White-faced but too far to see iris color.  One had some strange white feathers on the top of the head and on one cheek.

      Among the many waterfowl loafing on the shoreline were a few Greater Yellowlegs and Killdeer.  Also, one juvenile Thayer's Gull.

      The other day I saw a few Yellowlegs, both species, at Pablo Reservoir.

      We also have over a dozen Black-headed Grosbeaks on our feeder.  Very pushy.

      Good birding.

      Bob Rost - Ronan MT
      (406) 676-4545