Yellow-breasted Chat - Hardy Creek - Lesnik

  • RICHARD MOUSEL
    Message 1 of 2 , Jun 30, 2007
      Hi Birders:
      Just got off the phone with Mike Lesnik, he called to report a pair of
      nesting YBC in the Hardy Creek area, they are in Prewet Creek Campground
      behind the picnic table in spot #4 they can also be viewed from across the RR
      tracks. It's the area between Cascade and Wolf Creek, between Exits 244 and
      250. Not positive on all the directions.

      Yellow-breasted Chat

      Sincerely;
      Richard Mousel - rmousel@...
      Wild Bird Mercantile - Recommended by Birds Everywhere!
      1807 3rd St N.W. Great Falls, MT 59404 ph. 406-452-9377
      www.4co.us - Wildlife, Nature, Scenic Photography.
    • Sharon Dewart-Hansen
      Message 2 of 2 , Jul 1, 2007
        --- In MOB-Montana@yahoogroups.com, "RICHARD MOUSEL" <rmousel@...>
        wrote:

        > Hi Birders:
        > Just got off the phone with Mike Lesnik, he called to report a
        pair of
        > nesting YBC in the Hardy Creek area, they are in Prewet Creek
        Campground
        > behind the picnic table in spot #4 they can also be viewed from
        across the RR
        > tracks. It's the area between Cascade and Wolf Creek, between Exits
        244 and
        > 250. Not positive on all the directions.
        >
        > Yellow-breasted Chat
        >

        > Sincerely;
        > Richard Mousel - rmousel@...
        > Wild Bird Mercantile - Recommended by Birds Everywhere!
        > 1807 3rd St N.W. Great Falls, MT 59404 ph. 406-452-9377
        > www.4co.us - Wildlife, Nature, Scenic Photography.

        My husband & I went down to check out the YBC. We found the
        campground & talked with the people in Site #4. They said that
        someone who was there on Friday was showing then a different kind of
        bird but they had not heard or seen them since. We scoured the area
        and came up short. We did see many other birds, Red=naped Sapsucker,
        Northern Flicker, Downey Woodpecker, Yellow Warblers, House wrens,
        Wood Peewee, both Kingbirds, Pelicans, and, unfortunately, some very
        rude campers blasting their music.

        Sharon Dewart-Hansen
        Great Falls, MT