Re: Bulletin board site for consideration

  • Dave Williams
    Message 1 of 5 , Jun 7, 2007
      Looks pretty good to me, Katie. I think we should give it a try.
      Dave Williams
      Great Falls
    • Lou Ann Harris
      Message 2 of 5 , Jun 7, 2007
        Katie,

        The bulletin board looks good.  I've already registered.

        Lou Ann Harris
        Bozeman

        On Jun 7, 2007, at 1:52 PM, Katie La Salle-Lowery wrote:

        Hello,

        I have a preliminary version of a bulletin board style site ready for
        review. If there is interest I'll polish it. If there isn't, I'll
        scrap it.

        I threw this together lickety split so if there are typos, etc,
        please pardon them and bring them to my attention.

        Any comments are welcome: Should I forget about it? Should more
        forums be added? Should some be removed?

        It's a very different format from this Yahoo! Group site. Instead of
        receiving emails for every post, members only receive email notices
        of updates in topics they are watching.

        Photos can be posted.
        Polls can be conducted.
        Databases can be linked.

        I didn't put in any rules or policies yet.

        The url is http://www.birdingmt.com. If there is interest, I'll add
        www.mtbirding.com so if people transpose the url (as I've done a few
        times and I'm the one who registered it!) they'll still land in the
        right place.

        Right now the site content is viewable to anyone but only people who
        have joined can post. That can be changed so that only logged-in
        members can see content. Right now I have it configured to require
        activation of newly joined members by a site administrator. The
        member list is only viewable to registered members to keep member
        info from the eyes of the world at large. If there is interest I'll
        try to strike the right balance of ease of accessibility and security
        based on the comments I receive.

        ~Katie
        Lolo, MT