Re: [MOB-Montana] Bulletin board site for consideration

  • Katie LaSalle-Lowery
    Message 1 of 5 , Jun 7, 2007
      Thanks, Richard.

      When I typed the url at the end of a sentence, the Yahoo editor added the period to the url.  It is
      http://www.birdingmt.com (no period)

      ~Katie

      RICHARD MOUSEL wrote:

      Hi Katie:
      Clicked the link and I get you have reach an inactive website?

      On Thu, 07 Jun 2007 19:52:56 -0000
      "Katie La Salle-Lowery" <katie@bigskycountry .net> wrote:
      > Hello,
      >
      > I have a preliminary version of a bulletin board style site ready for
      > review. If there is interest I'll polish it. If there isn't, I'll
      > scrap it.
      >
      > I threw this together lickety split so if there are typos, etc,
      > please pardon them and bring them to my attention.
      >
      > Any comments are welcome: Should I forget about it? Should more
      > forums be added? Should some be removed?
      >
      > It's a very different format from this Yahoo! Group site. Instead of
      > receiving emails for every post, members only receive email notices
      > of updates in topics they are watching.
      >
      > Photos can be posted.
      > Polls can be conducted.
      > Databases can be linked.
      >
      > I didn't put in any rules or policies yet.
      >
      > The url is http://www.birdingm t.com. If there is interest, I'll add
      > www.mtbirding. com so if people transpose the url (as I've done a few
      > times and I'm the one who registered it!) they'll still land in the
      > right place.
      >
      > Right now the site content is viewable to anyone but only people who
      > have joined can post. That can be changed so that only logged-in
      > members can see content. Right now I have it configured to require
      > activation of newly joined members by a site administrator. The
      > member list is only viewable to registered members to keep member
      > info from the eyes of the world at large. If there is interest I'll
      > try to strike the right balance of ease of accessibility and security
      > based on the comments I receive.
      >
      > ~Katie
      > Lolo, MT

      Sincerely;
      Richard Mousel - rmousel@bresnan. net
      Wild Bird Mercantile - Recommended by Birds Everywhere!
      1807 3rd St N.W. Great Falls, MT 59404 ph. 406-452-9377
      www.4co.us - Wildlife, Nature, Scenic Photography.

    • Dave Williams
      Message 2 of 5 , Jun 7, 2007
        Looks pretty good to me, Katie. I think we should give it a try.
        Dave Williams
        Great Falls
      • Lou Ann Harris
        Message 3 of 5 , Jun 7, 2007
          Katie,

          The bulletin board looks good.  I've already registered.

          Lou Ann Harris
          Bozeman