New poll for MOB-Montana

  • MOB-Montana@yahoogroups.com
    Message 1 of 19 , May 1, 2007
      MOB-Montana group:

      Mobsters,
      By my calculation this concludes our first full year on this web site! At 226 members we certainly have grown. This poll is for the 2007, "April Photo of the month." There are ten entries. The poll will close on May 4th. Good luck!

      Patrick

      PS: I through a little "curve ball" into the poll this month. The results will not be shown until the close of the poll to add a little drama and uncertainty into the mix.

      o Belted Kingfisher
      o Black-capped Chickadee
      o Canvasback
      o Chukar
      o Osprey
      o Red-naped Sapsucker
      o Ringed Neck Pheasant
      o Rough-legged Hawk
      o Sage Grouse
      o Wilson's Snipe

      web site listed above.

      Thanks!
    • Jim Greaves
      Message 2 of 19 , May 1, 2007
        Patrick -- I like that you threw curve into poll -- it does make one
        search for the best among the images without influence from totals
        that may belie one's taste. Thanks again for maintaining the site --
        Jim Greaves

        Message 3 of 19 , Jun 1, 2007
          MOB-Montana group:

          Here are the sixteen entries for the May "MOB Photo of the Month Contest." As usual you may vote for only one, but will be able to change your vote up until the poll closes at midnight on June 5th. This is the largest list of entrants that I recall and we are fortunate to have several entries that are, in my opinion, vry fine photos. Good luck all.

          Patrick

          o Baltimore Oriole
          o Caliope Hummingbird
          o Canada Goose
          o Cedar Waxwing
          o Cliff Swallow
          o Great Egret
          o Great Horned Owl
          o Harlequin Duck
          o Merlin
          o Northern Shoveler
          o Tree Swallow
          o Upland Sandpiper
          o Western Meadowlark
          o Wilson's Phalarope
          o Yellow-breasted Chat
          o Yellow-headed Blackbird

          web site listed above.

          Thanks!
        • MOB-Montana@yahoogroups.com
          Message 4 of 19 , Jul 1, 2007
            MOB-Montana group:

            This month we have ten entries for the June "MOB Photo of the Month Contest." As usual you may vote for only one, but will be able to change your vote up until the poll closes at midnight on July 5th. It is nice to see so many new participants in the contest. Keep it up! Good luck all. Patrick

            o Baird's Sparrow
            o Broad-tailed Hummingbird
            o Calliope Hummingbird
            o Ferruginous Hawk
            o Great Horned Owl
            o Lewis's Woodpecker
            o Mourning Dove
            o Red-tailed Hawk
            o Spotted Sandpiper
            o Violet-green Swallow

            web site listed above.

            Thanks!
          • MOB-Montana@yahoogroups.com
            Message 5 of 19 , Aug 1, 2007
              MOB-Montana group:

              The July "Photo of the Month Poll" includes 11 entries. Please vote your choice and the winner will be announced after the close of the poll on August 5th! Good luck. Sorry I'm a day late placing the contest but I was birding on the barrier islands (actually a pensinsual I think) of Virginia at Chinciopeaque NWR. Wonderful place and y'all ought to visit there one day. Terrific shorebirds even in the ff season.

              Patrick

              o American Goldfinch
              o Black-capped Chickadee
              o Black Rosy-finch
              o Calliope Hummingbird
              o Cedar Waxwing
              o Eared Grebe
              o Ferruginous Hawk
              o Orange-crowned Warbler
              o Rufous Hummingbird #1
              o Rufous Hummingbird #2
              o Rufous Hummingbird #3

              web site listed above.

              Thanks!
            • MOB-Montana@yahoogroups.com
              Message 6 of 19 , Sep 2, 2007
                MOB-Montana group:

                The voting for the "August Photo of the Month Contest" is now open. This month it will remain open until September 6th since I posted it a day late. Good luck all. Patrick

                o American Avocet
                o Baird's Sandpiper
                o Barred Owl
                o Brown Thrasher #1
                o Brown Thrasher #2
                o MacGillivray's Warbler
                o Ring-necked Pheasant
                o Short-eared Owl
                o Sprague's Pipit
                o Virginia Rail

                web site listed above.

                Thanks!
              • MOB-Montana@yahoogroups.com
                Message 7 of 19 , Oct 2, 2007
                  MOB-Montana group:

                  MOBsters, the September 'Photo of Month Contest' is now open! The contest will close on October 7th. This month there are 9 photos and by my eye are all quite good, so it will be tough to make a choice. Good luck, Patrick

                  o American Dipper
                  o Clay-colored Sparrow
                  o Mountain Bluebird
                  o Sharp-shinned Hawk