Photography

  • Bob Conway
    Message 1 of 2 , Mar 31, 2007

      Several people have expressed an interest in Bird Photography as a way of extending the enjoyment they get from Bird Watching.  For starters ;there are several books available.  My favorites are:

      The Art of Bird Photography    by Arthur Morris

      Photographing Birds in the Wild   by Paul Hicks

      Nature Photography Field Guide by John Shaw

      Moose Peterson’s Guide to Wildlife Photography

      All of these books cover basic techniques and equipment options with stunning images to back them up.  Others of interest include:

      How to Photograph Birds by Larry West and Julie Ridl

      Photographing Wild Birds by Chris Gomersall

      Digital Wildlife Photography by Chris Weston

      The Masters Guide for Wildlife Photography by Bill Silliker, Jr.

      There is a common theme in all.  Average photographers will take average pictures with the best of equipment.  Good photographers will take great pictures with almost any equipment.  As with any skill, it takes practice, practice, practice.  Just like using binoculars or spotting scopes, after a while it becomes second nature.  The camera (and its controls) must be an extension of your hands and eyes.

      Next comes Networking.  Find someone in your area who enjoys Bird Photography and try to hook up with them.  I don’t know a photographer who does not enjoy sharing his/her knowledge with others.  Don’t be bashful.

      LET’S NOT TIE UP THIS WEB SITE WITH PHOTO Q &  A.  I can be reached at bobmargconway@....   Hopefully, others will offer there e-mail address for off line contacts.

      Happy shooting.

      Bob Conway
      Missoula, MT
      bobmargconway@ hotmail.com
      406-360-2590  Cell

      Upgrade Your Email - Click here!

    • rickparisphotographer
      Message 2 of 2 , Mar 31, 2007
        To all bird lovers-photographers

        Hi

        Bob Conway hit the nail on the head. We are supposed to help one
        another and remember where we came from. I applaud Bob's response

        Rick Paris
        www.itsfoutthebirds.com
        email rick@...