Re: [MOB-Montana] West Valley Birds

  • Kristi DuBois
    Message 1 of 3 , Oct 7, 2013
      West Valley of what valley???

      Kristi

      At 01:13 PM 10/7/2013, you wrote:

      Yesterday I drove through the 'condensed' west valley route to see what I could find.

      Still about 2 dozen Long-billed Dowitchers total along the ponds on clarke road.

      The 2 highlights of the quick trip were a flock of 10 or so Snow Buntings and a mixed flock of American Pipits and Horned Larks.  One of the larks flew down to the mudflat area on the larger pond to where I could watch it in the scope.  Its been 5 or so years since I've seen a Horned Lark in the valley!

      Good Luck Birding,
      Joshua Covill
    • vagapaddler
      Message 2 of 3 , Oct 9, 2013

        Kristi,

        I've been on the road for a couple days -thought that some of the Flathead area regulars would have answered by now.  I believe that Josh is talking about the area northwest of Kalispell along Farm to Market Rd 424 which can be found on page 83 of the DeLorme Atlas.and lies within QLL 02D.  A loop back through Whitefish via Lodgepole Rd, Twin Bridges Rd and US 93 makes a nice way to get to the Flathead County Landfill for gull hunting.

        Mike Lesnik

        Livingston

        ---In MOB-Montana@yahoogroups.com, <kdubois@..., mob-montana@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

        West Valley of what valley???