Other migrants this morning - Livingston, Park Co.

  • rowbird2005
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 2, 2013

      MOB,

      Aside from the interesting Sapsucker, the following species tripped the eBird Filters for this area:

      Western Tanager

      Green-tailed Towhee

      Dusky Flycatcher

      I posted a photo of the flycatcher, which I suppose could be a debatable Least, but seems fine for Dusky to me, especially with a tail that long...

      The Western Tanager present has been here for the past two morning, though the Towhee is a recent arrival, presumably. Other exciting birds including tons of Yellow-rumped, several Orange-crowned and Wilson's Warblers, and a lone Common Yellowthroat. Evening Grosbeaks were continuously present and raucous, except when the Merlin frequenting our patch zooms by, which he did twice this morning.

      Both Red-breasted and White-breasted Nuthatch were present and accounted for, while a flyover of 4 Bohemian Waxwings was a bit of a surprise, as was the number of sparrows present, though no "weirdos" turned up (still hoping for Swamp).

      I'll have to settle for my late Dusky Flycatcher, and Sapsucker sp. as birds of the day.

      Good Birding,

      Forrest Rowland

      Livingston, MT