Livingston passerine migrants

  • rowbird2005
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 30, 2013

      MOB,

      What an afternoon! Nice to be back in MT in time for some migration...

      A bit of birding around Sacajawea Park and Maya Park/Mayor'sLanding area yielded little in terms of diversity...but I can't remember seeing so many Wilson's Warblers in a single afternoon in my life. I think the grand total between the 3 eBird checklists I submitted today was 28 or 29! Plenty of males in great plumage, included.

      2 Orange-crowned Warblers, 24+ Yellow-rumped Warblers, 1 Western Tanager, plenty of Evening Grosbeaks, White-crowned Sparrows, and Ruby-crowned Kinglets, were noted, as well as 2 Blue Jays in Sacajawea, near the SW end of the park.

      Good Birding,

      Forrest Rowland

      Livingston, MT