Lewis & Clark Caverns Migrants and more

  • Tom Forwood Jr.
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 7, 2013
      Hi Folks,
      The last week the birding has really picked up at Lewis & Clark
      Caverns State Park. I am still hearing or seeing Canyon Wrens on a
      regular basis, rock wrens and Green-tailed Towhees daily.

      I had one first of year bird for the park with a Wilson's Warbler and
      first of season White-crowned Sparrows. I couldn't get as good a look as
      I'd like, but at least the one WCSP appeared to be a Gambel's

      I also had very high numbers of Mountain Chickadees, Townsend's
      Solitaires, and Spotted Towhees. Keeping my head up for some chances at
      some unusual fall migrants, good luck and good birding out there
      everyone. Tom

      --
      Tom Forwood
      Park Ranger