Migration?

  • marcurejm
    Message 1 of 2 , Sep 2, 2013

      The last few days have brought some new arrivals to our yard.  The Blue Jays have returned after being gone most of the summer and in the last couple of days we've had Orange-crowned and Yellow-rumped (Audubon's) Warblers.  Most exciting was the Cassin's Vireo that we spotted this morning.  This was a new yard bird for us bringing the list to 82!!

      Jeannie

      Shelter Valley (s/o Kalispell)

    • oatescpa
      Message 2 of 2 , Sep 2, 2013

         While unsucessfully looking for the scissor-tail in the last ten days near Pablo Reservoir, the first few days there was a plethora of both species of kingbirds which now seem to be gone, but have been replaced by pipits.

        Jim