Re: [MOB-Montana] scissortail flycatcher

  • Jeff Marks
    Message 1 of 8 , Aug 24, 2013
      Debbie,

      That's a great find! Yours is the 17th record of Scissor-tailed Flycatcher for the state, and only the 5th record from west of the divide in Montana. Thanks for posting the sighting and the photos to mob.

      I will contact you off list to request a rare bird report.

      Jeff

      *******************
      Jeff Marks
      4241 SE Liebe Street
      Portland, OR 97206
      503-774-4783
      Birds of Montana Project
      http://mtaudubon.org/
      *******************
      Message 2 of 8 , Aug 26, 2013
        Mobsters,

        Has anyone found the Scissor-tailed Flycatcher again? I'm interested in seeing additional photos and hearing from people who've seen the bird so that we can attempt to determine sex and age. From the photos Debbie posted, I'm guessing it's a second-year bird, maybe a female. But I'm not at all sure about that.

        Thanks,

        Jeff

        *******************
        Jeff Marks
        4241 SE Liebe Street
        Portland, OR 97206
        503-774-4783
        Birds of Montana Project
        http://mtaudubon.org/
        *******************
        Message 3 of 8 , Aug 27, 2013
          Jeff,
          I went looking yesterday and ran into a guy who'd been looking Sunday. No joy for either of us ;-(

          I did have a nice day birding, though; it was my reward to myself for conquering a bit of javascript code on Sunday! I'll post sightings later today (Tuesday).

          Cheri
          8 miles north of Plains
        • Debbie
          Message 4 of 8 , Aug 27, 2013
            Hi Jeff--
            I went back out last night and spent quite a while looking and waiting to see if the STFC would appear, but with no luck. When I saw it on Saturday it was in the morning, so I don't know if that might be more productive, or if it was just passing through.
            Debbie