Re: [MOB-Montana] choteau screech owls

  • Michael Schwitters
    Message 1 of 4 , Jul 24, 2013
      Hi Scott,
      I tried last about a week and a half ago without success (tried midday).
      They (a pair) were using a hole in the Choteau City Park
      The hole is located rather close to the city pavilion (large building
      with blue roof (east of the grain elevators). From the pavilion's main
      (north) door walk north and cross the bridge that crosses the
      creek... the bridge has hand rails. Continue to walk north about 15
      yards, beyond a cotton wood tree on your left. The hole is found in the
      tree trunk about where the trunk branches and seen when you look back at
      the tree.
      Play a Western Screech call to see if an owl sticks its head out.
      No one ever saw any young birds, so who knows what they were up to.
      Good luck. Let me know what you find. Call (406 466 2236) if you need
      help.
      Mike

      On 7/24/2013 12:51 PM, steel_rsd wrote:
      > MOB,
      > I'm hoping to be in Choteau next weekend (Aug 3) and was wondering if the Screech Owls are still around and if so, where exactly in the park could they be found.
      > Scott Dean
      > Clyde Park, MT

    • Kurt Lindsay
      Message 2 of 4 , Jul 24, 2013
        I did not find the owls last thurs/friday over 2-3 visits at different times. I did see them quite easily July 8-10.
        kurt lindsay
        kalispell

        On Wed, Jul 24, 2013 at 2:26 PM, Michael Schwitters <schwit@...> wrote:

        Hi Scott,
        I tried last about a week and a half ago without success (tried midday).
        They (a pair) were using a hole in the Choteau City Park
        The hole is located rather close to the city pavilion (large building
        with blue roof (east of the grain elevators). From the pavilion's main
        (north) door walk north and cross the bridge that crosses the
        creek... the bridge has hand rails. Continue to walk north about 15
        yards, beyond a cotton wood tree on your left. The hole is found in the
        tree trunk about where the trunk branches and seen when you look back at
        the tree.
        Play a Western Screech call to see if an owl sticks its head out.
        No one ever saw any young birds, so who knows what they were up to.
        Good luck. Let me know what you find. Call (406 466 2236) if you need
        help.
        Mike

        On 7/24/2013 12:51 PM, steel_rsd wrote:
        > MOB,
        > I'm hoping to be in Choteau next weekend (Aug 3) and was wondering if the Screech Owls are still around and if so, where exactly in the park could they be found.
        > Scott Dean
        > Clyde Park, MT

      • Timothy Barksdale
        Message 3 of 4 , Jul 25, 2013
          So far a No show for me too. I just got back this week and have been poking around early and late.

          Tim

          Timothy Barksdale
          Birdman Productions LLC
          P.O. Box 1124
          65 Mountain View Dr.
          Choteau, MT 59422

          Kansas City area:
          Birdman Adventures, L.L.C.
          P.O. Box 8554
          Kansas City, MO 64114

          913-669-2661

          *** PLEASE NOTE: As of April 1, 2013 my only email will be: timothy -dot- barksdale -at- gmail -dot- com

          At Birdman Productions, we make films about birds, and tell stories that change people's lives.