choteau screech owls

  • steel_rsd
    Message 1 of 4 , Jul 24, 2013
      MOB,
      I'm hoping to be in Choteau next weekend (Aug 3) and was wondering if the Screech Owls are still around and if so, where exactly in the park could they be found.
      Scott Dean
      Clyde Park, MT
    • Michael Schwitters
      Message 2 of 4 , Jul 24, 2013
        Hi Scott,
        I tried last about a week and a half ago without success (tried midday).
        They (a pair) were using a hole in the Choteau City Park
        The hole is located rather close to the city pavilion (large building
        with blue roof (east of the grain elevators). From the pavilion's main
        (north) door walk north and cross the bridge that crosses the
        creek... the bridge has hand rails. Continue to walk north about 15
        yards, beyond a cotton wood tree on your left. The hole is found in the
        tree trunk about where the trunk branches and seen when you look back at
        the tree.
        Play a Western Screech call to see if an owl sticks its head out.
        No one ever saw any young birds, so who knows what they were up to.
        Good luck. Let me know what you find. Call (406 466 2236) if you need
        help.
        Mike

        On 7/24/2013 12:51 PM, steel_rsd wrote:
        > MOB,
        > I'm hoping to be in Choteau next weekend (Aug 3) and was wondering if the Screech Owls are still around and if so, where exactly in the park could they be found.
        > Scott Dean
        > Clyde Park, MT

      • Kurt Lindsay
        Message 3 of 4 , Jul 24, 2013
          I did not find the owls last thurs/friday over 2-3 visits at different times. I did see them quite easily July 8-10.
          kurt lindsay
          kalispell

          On Wed, Jul 24, 2013 at 2:26 PM, Michael Schwitters <schwit@...> wrote:

          Hi Scott,
          I tried last about a week and a half ago without success (tried midday).
          They (a pair) were using a hole in the Choteau City Park
          The hole is located rather close to the city pavilion (large building
          with blue roof (east of the grain elevators). From the pavilion's main
          (north) door walk north and cross the bridge that crosses the
          creek... the bridge has hand rails. Continue to walk north about 15
          yards, beyond a cotton wood tree on your left. The hole is found in the
          tree trunk about where the trunk branches and seen when you look back at
          the tree.
          Play a Western Screech call to see if an owl sticks its head out.
          No one ever saw any young birds, so who knows what they were up to.
          Good luck. Let me know what you find. Call (406 466 2236) if you need
          help.
          Mike

          On 7/24/2013 12:51 PM, steel_rsd wrote:
          > MOB,
          > I'm hoping to be in Choteau next weekend (Aug 3) and was wondering if the Screech Owls are still around and if so, where exactly in the park could they be found.
          > Scott Dean
          > Clyde Park, MT

        • Timothy Barksdale
          Message 4 of 4 , Jul 25, 2013
            So far a No show for me too. I just got back this week and have been poking around early and late.

            Tim

            Timothy Barksdale
            Birdman Productions LLC
            P.O. Box 1124
            65 Mountain View Dr.
            Choteau, MT 59422

            Kansas City area:
            Birdman Adventures, L.L.C.
            P.O. Box 8554
            Kansas City, MO 64114

            913-669-2661

            *** PLEASE NOTE: As of April 1, 2013 my only email will be: timothy -dot- barksdale -at- gmail -dot- com

            At Birdman Productions, we make films about birds, and tell stories that change people's lives.