QQLL 38A4, Willow Creek Reservoir, Madison County

  • Mike Lesnik
    Message 1 of 2 , Jul 15, 2013
      MOB,

      A fair amount of sand/mud shore line is exposed. A couple of hot hours with binoculars yesterday afternoon from the Harrison Lake Fishing Access Site boat ramp campground and another two this morning from the kayak produced 40 species including two Clark's Grebe and a Solitary Sandpiper for year birds.

      Other shore bird migrants seen were a Semipalmated Sandpiper, two Greater Yellowlegs and three Lesser Yellowlegs.

      Mike Lesnik
      Harrison
    • Mike Lesnik
      Message 2 of 2 , Jul 16, 2013
        Edits: 1]. Forgot to mention the 250-300 Wilson's Phalaropes that were near the north end of the campground Sunday evening, but gone Monday morning. 2]. Also, along the road in from Harrison is a high bank that has been mined for sand and gravel that has the largest colony of Bank Swallows (200 +/- cavities)that I have seen.