White-throated Swift colony near Billings

  • mo1_omara
    Message 1 of 2 , Jul 11, 2013
      Hello Mobsters,

      My apologies if this has already been noted but I visited Pictograph Caves State Park just south of Billings today and was delighted to find a Wite-throated Swift colony at the main cave. It was hard to get an accurate guess but I would say twenty plus birds plus a few nestlings that I could hear being fed. What an awesome sight (and sound!)!

      Mo O'MARA
    • Mike Lesnik
      Message 2 of 2 , Jul 12, 2013
        Mo,

        Thanks for that report from Billings. I'll have to go there on my next visit to this under-reported city.

        Hope that you will submit your observation. I see in the Skaar's database that there are 10 't' records for that location, but yours is the first 'Direct Evidence of Breeding'.

        Mike Lesnik
        Livingston