WArm Springs WMA Survey

  • Gary Swant
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 6 7:06 PM
      There were 3,300 individuals and 53 species today, down a little from last week.

      Things were fairly quite with no new species for the year. I have observed 145 species so far this year out a total of 207 over the years.

      The interesting development today was on the west side of ARCO Pond 2. There has developed a large area of surface growing plants and algae. Within it are at least 250 active Eared Grebes nest. It has been several years since I have observed that many nests.

      Migrant shorebirds today were one Willet, one Marbled Godwit, 5 Greater Yellowlegs and 1 Lesser Yellowlegs.

      Gary Swant
      Deer Lodge