Re: Unknown Sea Gull at Deadmans Basin today

  • Mike Lesnik
    Message 1 of 4 , Jun 25, 2013
      Thanks, Jeff

      I was leaning toward California as this bird appeared larger than the Ring-billed Gull that was down the beach a bit. I did not see this one in flight. Mike

      Message 2 of 4 , Jun 26, 2013
        Mike:

        I agree that the bird appears to be a California Gull.  They look long-billed (as this bird does), and the mantle color and unmarked dark primaries also fit for a California Gull entering its second year.