Evening Grosbeaks at feeder and Bluebirds

  • pmwm12345
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 20, 2013
      June 18, 2013 1700 hrs. Old Chico, Paradise Valley, MT.
      A pair of Evening Grosbeaks appeared at the feeder for a couple of hours. Another appearance on the 19th in the late afternoon. They have not been seen since.

      June 19 2013 15 baby Bluebirds were seen on a garden fence today in Old Chico. Could have been adults and chicks. We have 9 boxes and more are occupied by bluebirds this year than in past years. This reported to me by my neighbor.
      In past years the Tree Swallows have dominated the boxes but this is the year of the Bluebird. They are really protecting their nests.
      Pete Murray